Hi, I'm Scott Tolinski.
I'm a Senior Web Developer for Team Detroit and formerly a web applications developer for The University of Michigan and the Senior Developer at Q LTD in Ann Arbor, MI. I also do freelance web design and development for projects that I find interesting, challenging or exciting, and give private training or consulting in various web topics. In 2012, I created Level Up Tuts with web developer Ben Schaaf. With Level Up Tutorials I have taken our knowledge of web technologies to YouTube to provide free training to developers looking to learn something new. I've also created premium tutorial packages for Packt Publishing.
I also enjoy bboying also known as breakdancing, and have been dancing for over 8 years doing shows for professional NFL and NBA teams. I'm inspired by a hot cup of green tea, excellent music, and Shaw Bros. kung fu movies.
Please contact me if you would like to work on a project together, or just want to chat.
/* --Resume-- */
/* SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS */
- Received a Bachelors degree in the Fine Arts at the University of Michigan’s Media Arts program.
- Excellent organization, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills.
- Created and runs a popular Youtube coding education channel with over 700 videos, 8.5million views & 85k subscribers.
- Creative, strong communication skills and consistently meets deadlines.
- Passionate about web development and new technologies.
/* Experience */
// SENIOR FRONT-END DEVELOPER, Team Detroit - DEARBORN, MI// MAY 2014 - PRESENT
- Rapidly prototyped designs for the design process and user testing.
- Utilized AngularJS to build a component library for Ford.com Global Redesign.
- Met with Ford executives to display functionality of design experiments.
- Worked on a team of developers to coordinate and develop compoent library.
- Built resposive web applications to display potential design and interaction experiences.
// OWNER, Level Up Tuts - ANN ARBOR, MI// MARCH 2012 - PRESENT
- Wrote, produced and recorded over 1000 popular tutorial videos on various topics for Level Up Tuts (www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpTuts) with over 8,550,000 views.
- Designed websites, interfaces, and layouts to fit clients’ desires including developing responsive layouts to enhance the experience on mobile devices.
- Consulted on large scale development projects.
- Provided dedicated training on coding practices and content management systems.
- Wrote, produced and recorded commercial video tutorial series for Envato and Packt Publishing.
// WEB APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER, UM Creative - ANN ARBOR, MI// OCT 2013 - MAY 2014
- Developed single page applications using Angular.js or Backbone.js.
- Maintained and built websites for secure University servers.
- Took initiative on internal projects to advance direction of department.
- Tested and troubleshot slow application speeds as well as slow front end load times on existing websites.
- Built responsive, CMS based websites with rapid turnaround.
// SENIOR DEVELOPER, Q LTD - ANN ARBOR, MI// MARCH 2011 - OCT 2013
- Built large, medium, and small scale websites from the ground up using appropriate content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress, Expression Engine, Magento).
- Utilized latest HTML5 and CSS3 technologies to build semantically correct and visually interesting responsive designs.
- Worked frequently with clients to train, assist, and troubleshoot their websites.
- Used Sass, Compass, and Coffee Script to more effectively write clean, fast, and easy to read code.
/* EDUCATION */
- University of Michigan - Media Arts Bachelors of the Arts Spring 2008